Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Century 21

I mentioned recently about Joe Caruso, and then I got off on a tangent. If you know me, then you know this is the real me. I birdwalk - which supposedly is a term only I am familiar with. Anywho - I would love to get comments on this video from his Google Video. And guess, what -I have a prize! The video is about 12 minutes. If you don't like it - just say so. I want honest opinions!
I also need another favor. Century 21 Skills are abundant, being taught by many without really knowing it. (Click on the link to learn more about Century 21 Skills.) From Global Awareness to Civic Literacy to Communication- I am sure there is something you are doing to teach and encourage Century 21 Skills. But what are they? Do you sponsor a club like FBLA and encourage them to compete in the events? Do you teach the We The People and have your students debate?
So here's the deal - watch the video from Caruso and tell me what you think. Then tell me what you do with Century 21 Skills. If I get at least 5 individuals to respond, I will draw a name to win a gift card - courtesy of moi! Yep, I really want your answers! If I get more than 10 unique answers, I'll increase the value of the gift card -so encourage your friends to respond.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how he refers back to "The Educational Revolution." What I WISH is that all teachers would join the revolution.

I do like the video...I will be sharing it with my new principal Danielle!

Give me a call will ya..need to hammer down schedules for the Inspiration stuff we talked about!

Karen said...

I love Joe Caruso! He was one of my favorite parts of FETC. This video was inspiring even if it was mixed poorly. They hit the highlights and most important parts that teachers are the inspiration! Thanks for making it available, Danielle.

This is his quote from FETC: Bring all that you are to all that you do because it's all that have!

K

Cheryl Woolwine said...

I agree with Joe the teachers are the teachers not the computers but computers are a tool we can use to our advatange. And teaching int eh 21st century will include computers and software, but will also include teachers- the real person! The problem I see is we must teach responsibilty rather than censorship to our sudents. We must teach students to use the internet safely and correctly not censor- (websense) because they will find a way! And censorship ties the teachers hands from using the internet and technology as the powerful tool it is!

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
Thanks for the video link. I love his comment, "A story makes a connection to find meaning". That is definitely our job as educators, to take all the parts and turn them into something that has meaning for our students. 21st century skills are essential if we want our students to be successful in the future. Technology is the tool and if we can learn to integrate it into our daily teaching, the students will learn to use it to enhance their learning as well.

I am going to use this quote in my digital storytelling discussions. Thanks for the link!

Debbie Bohanan