But in the computer world, it's more like a game and if you get tagged or feel compelled to answer a set of questions (like when Wes started a meme about Internet Speed), then you follow the rules. And I've been tagged. Actually, I feel it quite an honor because I was tagged by someone I don't know and actually have started reading through all her blog posts. Yet, as Tom says "I digress" and it's time to get to the point.
First the rules:
- Post these rules before you give your facts.
- List 8 random facts about yourself.
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them.
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Eight Random Facts About ME
- My favorite singer/band is Bon Jovi. Always been a fan, probably always will. And I think that's the only concert I'll pay to go to again anytime soon. Even putting a juke box in my office with Bon Jovi 45's. Yes, 45's!
- My original major in college was Children's Theatre at Columbia College. I wanted to work for Disney and produce family movies. I even got to be a Patchwork Player during the Christmas of 1992. I played Master Johnny and Little Tommy in an original play by Jeannie Eaker.
- My ultimate day of professional development would include sessions with Wes Fryer, Steve Dembo, Vickie Davis, and Jennifer Dorman. These people are passionate about education, technology and how these two should work together. (I actually have a list of people I want to see present someday. This is just a start.)
- My favorite show is CSI: Las Vegas, but I cover my eyes for a good bit of the show because I don't like blood and guts. I became hooked when living with my brother last year. Some day I want to be a dead body on their show. Or a possible witness to a murder. Even have a script in mind. And if I'm not the dead body, I know who I want to have killed. (insert evil laugh)
- I don't have a life, so I read. Romance Novels like Nora Roberts, Vickie Lewis Thompson, Rachel Gibson, Sandra Brown, Chris Kuzneski and JK Rowling (what's next now that Harry is finished? A series about Dumbledore? Please!)
- I am now a Mac person and am really hating the PC I have to use for work. I've converted a few others I know. Just came back from spending over $2000 of my neighbor's money getting her set up with a Mac and iPod accessories.
- I once won a Best of the Best Presentation Award from ISTE ,the Inspiration Scholarship 3 times and Tech4Learning's Innovative Educator.
- My biggest fear when I started with Discovery Educator Network was that I had to blog. I was sure I was not going to meet my goal. By the time of our departure in December, I had the #2 read blog in the DEN and exceeded my goal of posts something like 3 times over.
Okay, now to tag people. Sorry ya'll! I hope you haven't been tagged yet.