Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Joe - Change Your Attitude.

Attitude is everything. When we (The DEN) went through our job loss, I cried my eyes out. I won't lie. I was sitting at the Pensacola Airport all red faced, eyes swollen, and such. But I picked up the phone and started calling contacts. I was not going to let this keep me down. During interviews, I couldn't say anything bad about the DEN, just true shock over what happened, but not a dislike about the DEN. I even went on three more DEN events after that incident and I stayed positive. Attitude is everything.
When everyone tells me the they are old and I have to understand, I tell them that attitude is everything. So last night when Joe Caruso expressed that he was tired, he was ready for bed and that he was OLD - I told him that it was all attitude and he needed to change his attitude. Cheryl Woolwine is actually a few years older than Caruso and she wasn't out there complaining about needing her bed. You are only as old as you feel and well Cheryl, she's so young at heart she'll never get old. :-). I told Joe it was all about attitude, and he needed to change his. Yes, you read that right. I told Joe Caruso to change his attitude.
Wouldn't you agree with me?
Joe and I also talked about blogging and other great wonders in technology. He wants to learn about blogging and I told him I would be happy to introduce him to the wonders of the written word and open communication on the web. He asked me why would I do such a thing, and I told him it was part of paying it forward. I had a great teacher, Steve Dembo, and he didn't ask for anything in return. So I'm paying it forward and passing on what I learned from Steve to Joe. Someday Joe can pay it forward and teach someone else, or at least inspire us in his blogs to fill in the gaps of time when we are not blessed with his presence.
Then I curtsied and he was shocked.
Again, it's all about attitude. I hope I have the right one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Danielle, you have to question if you have the right attitude? I have never met anyone like you in my life. I dare to say that I probably never will again, but I hope that I do! You are an inspiration. I feel so lucky to have met and been touched by you. I can only hope to inspire my fellow teachers like you have inspired me! Teryl

Unknown said...

You've paid it forward TENFOLD for me Danielle! Please let me know if you need any help with him changing his attitude. I'd love to help ya out some :P

Michele Futch said...

You go, girl!!!